Sunday, June 11, 2006

The World Watches

I have to admit,I am getting a bit lazy to blog,due to infuriating technical problems, lack of time and tiredness.

Its time for the generic World Cup special.

Kickoff was on Friday 11.50pm.Germany v Costa Rica.High scoring opening game.Matters on a fever pitch( or rather,pitch fever?...lol) expected to peak on July 10.

My pick? Brazil.Not for any other reason but simply that I can't see any other team having the defensive capability to stop them.You score 2,hell,they'll score 4.

2nd? I had picked the Germans but they looky shaky at the back.Quarters for them.So I'm going with the Oranje,Holland.A team I'm supporting to go far.They seem to have the right blend.A dark horse for many would be the Italians.

I really fancy the Italians this time round.Personally,I'm hoping Gennaro Ivan Gattuso will have an excellent tournament,same goes for striker Alberto Gilardino.Though I feel that the Azzuri's preferred strikeforce would be that of Luca Toni and Filippo Inzaghi.Del Piero has been nothing short of awe-inspiring this season.If he turns it on,them Kappa boys would be very happy I presume.

My predictions...1st Brazil, 2nd Italy, 3rd Argentina, 4th Holland.A bit too predictable I think,don't be surprised if we see Ivory Coast in 4th at the expense of Argentina or Holland.Besides the Selacao,really digging the Italians.And the Dutch have the ultimate finisher in Ruud van Nistelrooy.If Arjen Robben finds his form he is really dangerous as well.I think Wesley Sneijder and Rafael van der Vaart are having injury woes as well but they have a bunch of players I'm excited about,just like the Italians.

The Beautiful Game has kicked off...when will you tune in to watch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home