Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Artistry Takes Center Stage

Today was another nice day.

After school I went with Roswell Girl and a couple of other classmates to catch Scary Movie 4.It wasn't a memorable one but hey,it was funny,I have to give the movie that.I loved the part when Anna Faris was talking to the little ghost boy in 'Japanese'.Its not a great movie but the laughs are worth the $7 bucks.Its just a movie to go to if ya just wanna have a fun time.31/2 out of 5 stars.

I also bought Teddy Geiger's album,'Underage Thinking' today.Reading the lyrics,I was very happy and pleasantly surprised to see that he was able to write and capture some words and ideas exactly in the way I've always wanted to express myself.I've yet to listen to the whole album but it sounds good so far.Lyrically,I can identify with him cos he's around my age but of course he's so much better with his songs.

It may not be the best album but that's not what I'm looking for.For me,song writing is a truly creative and inspiring way to state your ideas and it involves a lot more of playing with words than just writing them down plainly.Its just wordplay..just like how Jason Mraz sings it...

On my way home,I was onboard the bus and I was so engrossed in reading the newspaper that I missed my stop.Not by a few but enough for me that I ended up in a totally different part of Singapore.I got down,crossed the road and I was quite happy to see that I could take another bus which stopped at the closest possible stop to my house.I just saw the funny side of the whole situation..not a big deal but this never happened to me before,especially not missing my stops by as many as I had.I just texted my friends that I had just been with earlier about my stupidity and I'm sure they had a chuckle or two when the read my message.

Watched the Romeo N Juliet DVD when I got home.It was just kinda nice,the whole colour of it all and the flowing beautiful language of Shakespeare.Shakespeare juxtaposed against contemporary Verona,it paints a picture of jarring yet matching opposites.

Just 3 hours of lessons tomorrow.Cool.May have to stay back for my Ent module but I don't mind.Its the last two days of school before my term break,which is 3 weeks long.So that's cool.

Superman Returns opens tomorrow.May or may not catch it.Pirates Of The Carribean : Dead's Man Chest is the top priority.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....jus wanna tell you...WAD IN THE WRLD R U DOING!!!u shld stick wif MJ ....after all....she is ur one true love...i think u both r way more compatible than u wif roswell gal....Ur'll will look so gd together!!!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home