Sunday, June 25, 2006

AM Extra

I just needed to write something.I don't know why but I'm in a creative funk and I need some sort of release with words.Its just sommething I do.I get this kind of mood once in a while.Hope this doesn't last till later on in Sunday afternoon.

Was supposed to meet a classmate later for location scouting for our Ent. project proposal but that got canceled just before midnight,when she messaged me via SMS.Hmm,this cancelling thing seems to be developing into a trend.Hope it doesn't spoil the fun plans.Not too many work plans or else I would have a bottleneck and would be under pressure to complete them.

The Germans have dispatched the Swedes 2-0 with relative ease.All over before the game clock reached 13 minutes with two goals from the excitable Lukas Podolski.

The Argentina v Mexico game has got off in a similar vein with 2 goals inside 10 minutes,the teams having a goal apiece.Mexicools have had explosive start,catching the fancied Argies on flat-footed.Expect the latter to pull through still but we all knwo that football is a funny ol' game innit? Would love to see promising star Javier Mascherano play a more active role in the midfield but its highly unlikely as the box to box work is done by the more established Esteban Cambiasso.The former will just sit front of the defence to protect it.I see in Mascherano a young Nicky Butt.I hope he will influence the midfield from deep as he gets better and older and not fade away.

The winners will have the Germans lying in wait.With a partizan crowd behind the ,it would not be easy for the opponents.I think the Argies would make better ones since they have the experience of knowing what to do having been World Cup mainstays.If the Mexicanos were to reach the quarters,I think they may get overawed by the ocassion.They also tend to be inconsistent.

Its shaping up as an exciting match with both teams having a natural attacking instinct.

Well now after learning that I've got the weekend off,I hope there would be something for me to do.

Off to watch the rest of the game now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home