Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fun With A Difference

Today was pretty fun.It wasn't anything that I've never done before but you could say that it was different,if you consider me going out with a girl alone for social reasons just that.It was purely platonic,nothing more.After a meeting in the morning,I left shortly after noon to meet Roswell Girl in town.

We went to catch Garfield 2.Been waiting a while to catch that.It was one of those movies that you just need to go and see once in a while,just to have fun and not expect anything special out of the movie.Garfield was cute and so was Prince,his doppleganger.It was cute when they teamed up together,cute to see 2 fat cats together.Odie and the other dog,Prince's loyal helper were really cute at times as well.Roswell Girl and I were just 2 cat lovers enjoying the movie.We were just laughung at the cute,cheesy silliness of the cats and the animals.3 out of 5 stars.

I went to Topman later and Roswell Girl helped me pick out a new top.It was pretty decent threads.Something new that I wouldn't usually buy but this really is nice.$53 bux does hurt the wallet though.

Ran into a schoolmate later on.She was on her way to work and Roswell Girl somehow ended up applying for a job at the former's workplace as well.

The Cafe Cartel at City Hall MRT.She says she just wants to try it out for a week.She doesn't have any prior experience in the FnB line.

Guess who wanted to drop by and meet for dinner...THE EX-BF...God talk about potentially awkward.I was afraid of that but nothing too awkward happened even though I was feeling awkward still.The phrase 'three's a crowd' comes to mind.Initially,we both wanted to eat some place like fast food but due to some complications,we ended up having light snacks at Starbucks.Overpriced? In the words of the generic ditzy American teenage girl...LIKE TOTALLY !!!

We went home after that and parted ways at the MRT station.

But really,before that,we were having fun.Not the outwardly,hilarious fun like I imagined but really we just got to know more about each other.I told her personal stuff about me and she told me about her problems.I let her know more about me and I was obligingly a listening ear to her woes.

There I was,with my friend,who just happened to be a girl.Being in an all-boys school for 10 years previously,I did wonder what it would be like to have a good friend of the opposite sex.Guess now I know.

She don't need no boy for now.That would just make life complicated.She just wants to chill and have fun with her friends.That was what I helped fulfil today.

While waiting for her,I thought of MJ and about how she was the one I wanted not her.Admittedly,I did kinda forget her when me and Roswell Girl hit town but after I was alone,I immediately reminded myself of a important fact.That she was the one I really fancied,despite how cool of a gal Roswell Girl is.Will anything develop with Roswell Girl in the future? Who knows? What I know now is that she's just a friend and MJ is the one I fancy.I plan to stick to that for quite a while if ya don't mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home