Monday, April 24, 2006

If I Gotta Do It, I Would Like To Do It Now Please

School's starting in about 8 days time.Haven't had much of a holiday and already school is beckoning.The holidays have become some sort of an irritation.I've not had much time to enjoy it but instead I've had to deal with CCA and all the parts that come with it.If you ask me,I'd rather deal with the academics of school rather than the other stuff.At least I know I'm making progress in terms of grades,the most important part of my time in this institute which would enable me to get to the next step in education.If I don't have the grades,the rest of it means nothing.

So it is with a mixed sense of determination,uncertainty and disbelief (never thought I'd be impatient for school) that I say: BRING ON SCHOOL !

Strange but true

Does this mean that I like school now?Well no.I'll still gripe and moan just like the rest of us.When I'm back in school I'll be counting down to the next break(8 weeks of school till then I think).Then how come I seem so eager to dive in school?

Hey,I'm just doing what I have to get the attitude to do well,actually do well and then be able to get to poly.Having this holiday right now means that academically I'm just sitting around and not being able to anything to reach that academic goal cos school hasn't started yet.A little bit of impatience from me.

Going on that vein a mate said something recently that struck a chord with me.I mean,sure I've heard it before but this time,I think it sort of applies to me just a little bit more somehow.

I can't remember it word for word but I believe the popular bookmark version goes something like

''AIM FOR THE SKY,IF YOU FAIL AT LEAST YOU REACH THE CLOUDS''

Something like that.

Just started thinking about my dreams and how they may seem wildly unrealistic at times,Southern France,Old Trafford and the likes but if I apply the saying then I can say that at least I'm aiming high.

But before I get my head up in the clouds,I must remind myself that I'm still very far away from all that.I have to concentrate not even the next year(of school) but the next semsester before I think about anything else.I was tempted to but I won't set specific targets now cos I know nothing about the modules or its contents.I'll just say that I'll learn as much as I can when I'm taught about them and put in efforts to do as well as I can.

To perhaps,sum up this ideas about getting to dreams,is this saying I saw on a bookmark in a bookstore.

''IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK,YOU'LL GET RUN OVER IF YOU JUST STAY THERE''

Yeah I'm on the right track,that saying reminds me that I have to keep working or all this work now will go to waste.

Its early Monday hours and a free day today before I go to school on Tuesday for the CCA.What do I plan to do?I'd like to do something that affects MJ,maybe go and be around her area or something like that.I figure if I'm around the area when she comes back from school or something that would be nice.

I know,I know she said doesn't fancy me that way but like I said I still like her and while I won't do anything daring,I still would like to see her,possibly talk to her? She wants to be close friends right? After the (sweet) mental anguish with Roswell Girl,just seeing her would just be a very nice thing.Heck,that would be a very nice thing anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home