Monday, February 13, 2006

Does Dreamer=Fool ??

Right,it looks like I am gonna stay in ITE instead of roughing it out in polytechnic.I'm gonna stick around and work hard to make sure I can make it to poly.In between,I have National Service to serve.Its the long way around no doubt but I have no choice.I'd rather do that than go and do something in poly that I have ABSOLUTELY no interest in.After all that is said and done,it is then that I will be able to finally turn my attention to a diploma in mass communications and working at the same time.

Partly of the reason I'm doing this is cos of my mom.She's 50 now(or at least close).She says that if I can earn my own income in 6 years time then she'll be able to rest easy.

What does this mean for me?

Dreams.....the girl,the life,the locales.Will I have to forsake all that? What I mean is,I have dreams to at least have the $$$ to go to places like Rome and I don't just say I want to travel.I honestly mean it.With my girl too,whoever she will be in the future.I have dreams people,and I'm not going to apologize or feel stupid for having them.I'll be damned if I can't afford for my girl to sip lattes from a cosy,French coffeehouse.

Of course,I FULLY REALISE that material wealth is nothing compared to the happiness of the soul.Its just that,I think that by not chasing education I would not be able to enjoy life fully as I would be worrying about money too much.LETS FACE IT,even dreamers need money to live.

EDUCATION=MONEY=DREAMS.

Reality also kicks in,cos I know that there is no way that I would be happy studying engineering and that would be very difficult for me to sustain an interest and ultimately do well.So business pays a couple of hundred bucks less than engineering...not a worry.Its not gonna deter me from achieving my dreams.Simply because those are my dreams and I will find ways to overcome that disadvantage.

I can do what I have to do.But I have to leave some parts up to God.Like whether He will allow me to achieve those dreams and whether the girl of my dreams will be willing to wait for one who takes the longer route.I believe that this is my path and I will do my darndest to make sure it leads to me achieving my dreams.I don't care if I don't reap the benefits but I'll make sure that my girl will and most definitely my mom will.Hope that God will make it possible for me.

VT Day is around the corner and its not making things any easier.Wish I could see MJ.Just to lift my dampened spirits.Never mind,if she doesn't talk to me.I'll be fine.I just need a fix-up of my mood and she will definitely make me feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home