Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mr Darcy & Elizabeth Bennet

Yesterday was kinda fine.I didn't play soccer but I managed to do some other stuff.It started out pretty mundane but it ended up okay.

I was so bored that I decided to catch a movie on impulse.I went with a mate.No disrespect but I would think that Pride and Prejudice wouldn't be a movie I would watch with a dude.But we might catch Chicken Little with the rest of the gang later on in the month and Aeon Flux's next showing wasn't at a suitable time.So we ended up watching Pride & Prejudice.

Personally I don't think I would have been drawn to watch it had it not been for the fact that Keira Knightley was potraying the famale protagonist Elizabeth Bennet.It was a couple kinda movie and there were loads of couples round me but I had to perish that thought.Sitting in the first row did not help the in the pursuit of the enjoyment of the movie but the story prevailed as I was brought into the world of Victorian England where love and marriage was the order of the day.

The movie itself was different from what I would have gone to watch but I guess that worked out positively.Eliza Bennet was a fiesty mind,out of place in a place where everyone did what they were told with grace and manners of the highest order were standard protocol.Yet all this time she was still sucked into the whirlpool of romance and love.and played games of hard to get with the seemingly arrogant Mr Darcy.True feelings were finally shown after being hidden by many complications and love prevailed.Great comedy was sneaked in at different points of the movie making it very enjoyable.Since this is the first time I'm watching such a movie,a period drama,I would say that I enjoyed it very much.4 out of 5 stars.

I did so despite the fact that by the last quarter of the movie I was actively thinking about MJ.I saw lots of situations that almost mirrored my own situation but I still managed to look past it and enjoy the movie.Keira Knightley being on the screen helped.Horrible indigestion after the movie made me feel real crummy but even that went away after a while.Ended the day playing cards with a couple of the guys.

So the day turned out fine after all.Its gonna be a busy week next week but as of Monday it will only be 12 more days to the school break so at least there's some sort of finish line or checkpoint at least that I look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home