Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Glory To Red Mancunia

Last Sunday,Manchester United beat title rivals Chelsea 1-0 to hand the latter,the current league champions,their 1st league defeat of the season.

To be honest,for once,I didn't have much confidence in the team.I was disillusioned with the team.Some players looked as if they did not have the passion to play for the red and white of Mancunia.I felt that if they played the same way against Chelsea they would not get away with it.

Do not mistake my critisism of Man Utd as a sign of withdrawal of support for the club.They way they were playing(irregardless of tactics) did not embody the spirit and tradition of the Red Devils,from the Busby Babes to Fergie's Fledgings.Even if they lost,I wouldn't mind it as much if they played their usual game,with a hint of a swashbuckling attitude towards the opposition.

This time,I was unhappy not because of the lack of quality or ability in the players for I have always believed in them.But they were not showing heart and passion that the club and its history and fans deserved.Its a two way thing.

My hopes were fulfilled as I saw a glimpse of the United of old.To say that the team has risen..again...from piles of doubt would be like playing
a broken record.A whole host of reasons were given to justify their 'downfall' but I was not taken in by them.All I did was to hope that they showed the desire once again.And that they did.

To doubt my support for the club would be the same as doubting the club and that would be a deep insult to me.

Red Devil till I die...and then some....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home