Tuesday, October 25, 2005

5 Stars

I finally caught GOAL! at the theaters today.Late,I know but at least I saw it.It was good,everything I expected it to be.It may not be critically acclaimed but it certainly captured all the emotion that is expected from a rags-to-riches story like this.Add to the fact that,soccer was the driving force of the story makes it even better and it had my attention the whole way.

Halfway through the movie I came to a realisation on why I was so hooked and almost seemed to be in awe.The story that was unfolding on screen was exactly what every football-lover had at least once dreamt or fantasised about and that was to turn professional.It was a realisation of the same dream for the protagonist and I was there along for the ride and seeing it all happen.

Thank God I have already cemented my football affiliations since I was young.If I was a newbie to the Beautiful Game I could possibly be swayed to support Newcastle United.The Toon Army love their club LOTS and I got insight to why.Having said that,I state that I am a Red Devil for life, and then some...

Overall I give the movie 41/2 stars.5 just cos its about soccer.I haven't had a '5' ever since the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.This trilogy looks to do the same,though perhaps in a different way:football.

I had the chance to clarify stuff with one of MJ's bros today but alas,I did not take that chance,choosing instead to steer away to other topics.I kinda didn't know how to start on that particular topic and by the time I did,it was too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home