Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weather The Storm In This Faulty Ride

Things have been a little crazy lately, so much so that they've threatened to crash into each other, triggering chaos and pandemonium in my life.

Lest you think I be from the nation of the self-absorbed, I shall now clearly state for the record, that the above situation can tell the stories of so many other students right now.

TP Arts Fest isn't just round the corner, we're so close to it, we can see its unbiased shadow protrude from the the other side of the corner, behind which lies a happening that could be the vindication of hard work for an arts group or conversely, spell unimaginable disaster.

In fact, I think the orchestral band has already cleared this humongous hurdle, with their performance on Friday For the rest of us, we are all on overdrive. We're getting things together, correcting, correcting, correcting and then polishing all our acts and pieces ready to be showcased to the public.

In terms of academics, this term has been mostly decent but filled with deadlines galore.

With many modules operating under the Problem (Project) Based Learning system, I can liken it to jumping through hoops. We try to keep an eye on the bigger picture, but I mostly find myself scrambling from one deadline to the next, all for different projects.

I've got a presentation part to finish, an article to write (and wow, I've sure got a heck of an idea for that one!) and script to finalize, tickets to distribute and collect payment for. Obviously a less pressing issue, I've also got a soccer match to go to. Save for the article, I've got to do all that by this Sunday.

I'm quite nervous about this coming Saturday. I don't really want to talk about it, not till I've collected my thoughts on the issue. I will be performing. It's a smaller role but I like it that way, it gives me more manueverability, I can really play with the character. I have no need to take the main spotlight, not in my junior year. Then again, I've always been more comfortable in production than on stage, so that says it all.

It's been crazy no doubt but through it all, there's been a single saving grace that's kept me going. It helps that it's been near and very accessible. Thank God for that.I mean it. For all the times, you feel that you're not good enough, no matter how hard you try...you feel that your efforts are insignificant and you pale in comparison to others...know that you'll always shine in my eyes and that you mean something to me, in fact, more than you'll ever know.

And that, be the truth. Even if you think that words do nothing but deceive, I must politely protest words are my forte. In fact, they're all I've got for fate saw it fitting that I not be blessed with looks, charm or wit. Nonetheless, I sincerely do hope my actions speak far louder than any complex word I could say here.

Not the time perhaps, and I understand. First and foremost, I am your friend and what kind of friend would I be if I not empathize with your situation and feelings? A pretty shite one probably.

Stay, smile and be merry. I shall not cause thee trouble, for thou has enough troubles already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home