Thursday, October 02, 2008

Smiles As They Should Be; While Coloured Embers Paint A Wonderous Glow

The festive cheer and the initial rush, if there was any at all for some, has died down a bit. Back to school, back to work, yet there is still a need to find time to do more visiting, if not for the sake of visiting then at least to renew familial ties, friendship ties, fellowship ties and if they get too loose, bow ties as well.

With the festive day coming just before crucial examinations for some of the younger cousins, the parents in the horde (that's us) decided to make this year a low key affair ending by 1030 at night. Can't really complain though, I felt good catching up with the cousins and that was pretty much enough for me.

And I'm quite bothered by the fact that I still can't get my hands on T.I.'s Paper Trail album. I don't think it's been shipped to Singapore. What was initially supposed to be a trip to the next neighbourhood to get it turned out to be a long and ultimately fruitless trip all the way to the city.

Festive trips tomorrow and on Saturday. It'll be nice to see the other half of the family even if I did just see them quite recently at Grandma's 76th, about 5 weeks ago.

I may try too hard, I may be not bothered or I may do the wrong thing and in general, not do right, I sincerely have best interests at heart whenever I've done anything. I would like to convey my regrets to all and especially to some, who I may have hurt more inadvertently. Here's hoping I do better next time round.

And I'm loving this song by Elliot Yamin. It counters my disillusionment somewhat.





"FREEDOM!" - as bellowed by Mel Gibson portraying the heroic Scotsman William Wallace as his final word before being beheaded.

A random end to this, if you would please allow me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home