Saturday, September 20, 2008

Leave The Picture In The Room Behind, Let The Days On The Road Help Us Find New Ones

The beast that is Magus Luna was finally slayed.

No more BBQ Chicken with rice for the time being. It's almost become a dinner staple during rehearsals and I'm getting sick of it.

I think I did average. I could have done better. But, having said that, I do hope that I've done fairly well. To use soccer terminology, I hope I'm a young reserve player that can break into the first team in a couple of years, given the right experience and a dash of luck and not some no-hoper doomed to languish in the anonymity of the lower league divisions. Still a long, long way to go though.

Now, I want to leave the stage and I'm really hoping I still have the chance to put my playwright hat on. I want to play a significant part in the crafting of the story to be staged for TP's 20th Anniversary celebrations.

The exam results came out a while back. Not the greatest but I managed to stave off failing at least. Given the way, I've been this previous semester, I do suppose I should be thankful.

I remember how me and my best mate got to know each other was when we found out that we were the only people in the class who watched Friends RELIGIOUSLY back in Primary 5. Sure, we didn't catch all the jokes, but we knew the characters well enough and we were fully into the series a year after.

Years and years of new episodes and rerun after rerun on cable allowed us to predict the next line or the next joke that was coming cos we had already seen it before.

All these years, the main focus of people had always been either on Joey or Chandler. Joey for being adorably dumb and Chandler for his sarcastic one liners. But my mate noted that Ross, played by David Schwimmer was actually the funniest one because he was so learned and smart but he found himself in the most ridiculous of situations.

He is also the most talented actor among the bunch, if you notice his acting when he is delivering the jokes. Of course, growing up in L.A. and having a Bachelor's in theater from Northwestern University does help.

These are just two of Ross Geller's funniest moments.






PIVOT! PIVOT! PIVOT! HAHA!

Over the next week, I want paint my room and get new clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home