Monday, September 08, 2008

Adoration, Despite All

Right...bout damn time I got back to typing down events of note in my existence.

Reasons for procrastinating delaying these posts...

  • Exams
  • Sickness
  • Lack of interesting blog-able stuff happening
Right, that should be enough reasons to show how much of a lazy bugger I actually am...

So to start off, after the exams, (which shall not be discused, considering how much of a bummer such a topic is) I hung around the Engineering school labs, trying to come with decent stuff to write in a birthday card.

For all my supposed literary skill, I fail completely when it comes to writing down sincere wishes (that are fine on their own) down on a card. Plus, my already abysmal penmanship is further exacerbated by the absolute necessity to write presentably on a birthday card.

Otherwise, I'm glad I lucked out with the prezzie. Glad ya liked it!

It was also good to meet up with a few of the MIC guys for Shikin's 21st, even if it was just for a bit.

Prison Break Season 4 is back, and one character is shot dead within the 1st 30 minutes.

A shocker of a return for another.

Prison Break at its best.

The fasting month is here, which leaves the festive month weeks away. It's the only time of the year where I have a legit excuse to be blowing cash away on new, dope threads. I hope to get to it.

I went to catch an pre-release screening of Step Brothers yesterday. It was at about 1AM but it was still alright.

The movie was funny as hell. Forgettable story, funny jokes. Watch it if you like Will Ferrell being loud and noisy. Watch it if you like Talladega Nights & Anchorman.

It's been testing times for us all I'm sure, in one way or another. My mate's looking to come out of a slump and I hope he gets through.

There's been a slew of reflective conversations going on in the group which made me realize that in our own little ways, we all want the same things. It may slightly differ from one individual to the another, we all want our comforts

All the pomp and talk brought about by the different ways we view and live our lives, it doesn't matter in the end.

All our youthful ambition, will only be considered successful and fruitful if we have the important things by our side when it's all said and done and the dust settles.

Fast rides and a plush crib? No point if you don't have anyone to share it with.

Fame, (or infamy as some prefer) with thousands of screaming fans? Will any be there to share our troubles in life when we find the load to heavy to bear?

Me, myself?

I would give up all my experiences and all this supposed potential that I have with words. I would forsake popularity, the glitz and glamour of travelling the world and the creative inspiration that comes with it. Film-making, scene-writing star?

Instead, I say...

I would go back to being that mousy, geeky, quiet, unwilling little boy if it meant that I would live a full, happy life if that would guarantee the important people in my life around me.

Suffice to say, makin' it big?

No thanks, not without you. And the rest of the important people, but especially you.

Who?

I don't know. Or...maybe I do. But God has other plans.

Before I go, do ponder over this.

Do you adore that someone because that someone adores you back?

Or do you adore that someone because of who they are, the way they look and think, that nice smile AS WELL AS that pimple scar; all that is good and all that is bad about that person?

Do note, I'm not talking about anyone in particular, particularly because I have no one of that sort to talk about. I'm still a free bird. But having said that, you don't have to be with someone to adore someone, do you. Refer to paragraph just above this one...yes...because of who they are...

So am I talking about someone? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I don't really about public perception cos no one's getting hurt right? It's up to you to infer. Just know that conversations of this sort do go on and this post is a ripple effect of recent conversations that I've had.

If I could swing back into the topic...

It's a great feeling to look at that someone and smile and feel a lovely feeling cos they look so great.

But it's an even better feeling to have when you look at that someone and feel the same way even when they are looking their worst.

At least, that's what I think.

And going by the conversations I've had recently, I'm sure others I know probably feel the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home