Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sincerity Is Enhanced When It's Harder To Give

Saturday in the AM was fun, finding an old stack of CDs, the gang going through tunes of the past, listening to the songs that were anthems of that time. We relived the teenage days. It was fun, remembering how hot Holly Valance is and how adorable Jennifer Love Hewitt was.

I daresay, Jenny Love was my Jessica Alba before Jessica Alba came around in Idle Hands. Any dispute, just watch the movie "Can't Hardly Wait", a teentime fave of mine.

Before I FULLY focus on studying from tomorrow onwards, I found a revelation today that hurt and disappointed me.

I expected it to come sooner or later but I still couldn't be prepared when it came. It's only a matter of time before this revelation materializes.

I think that despite this, I must remember that whatever I do, I do so out of sincerity. If I do something for someone expecting something in return, I'd be better off not doing it in the first place.

For now, the books call me. Drama's off, projects are done and mates will be cooped up in institutions, undergoing National Service.

Others will probably be busy with other people but there's really nothing I can do about that.

So, I'll just study.

I'll prepare my little token to please, to be presented on a day of celebration but I'm sure that there are others in place who will outdo me.

No matter, as long as what I offer is sincere.

Right now, I know where I want to be and what I want but I don't know how to get there and get it.

Will God allow it?

I have a possible writing project coming up with the mates. It's only a pipe dream now but hopefully it comes about. Enough about talking about cool stories and movies, 'bout time we started writing one.

It's a helluva long way but maybe one day, we'll hold a finished manuscript in our hands.

Lastly, for those who don't know, Lupe Fiasco is a kickass lyricist. Check out his song, "Hip Hop Saved My Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home