Saturday, September 13, 2008

That Cold Fear We Get Before The Dagger Stabs The Heart With Another Twist Of The Dagger's Handle

There's a fine line between being hopeful and being foolish.

I should know all about that line. I've almost made it my home. More often than not, I find myself falling over flat and sound like a goddamn fool.

C'mon Khai, you said you'd hang in there no matter how much it was going to hurt.

You knew it was going to hurt one day.

Now, the hurt's come...deal with the pain.

Too "emo"?

Why? Can't somebody believe in something so strongly that it affects them?

In this material world, have we such an insatiable need to be "cool" that we think it's trendy to be shallow and unfeeling?

It hurts.

Just remember that whatever you offered was in sincerity and you expected no return, but you could only hope.

Know that as you write out all this, you'll probably wake up tomorrow and continue to hang on to a battle that you knew you were not likely to win when you started it in the first place.

Why do you continue hanging on then, Khai? Ans: It's because it's one of the truer things I believe in in this life and in this world and it's ability to bring out the good in me.

How can the search for a feeling associated with joy bring about so much pain?

I guess that's why I'm foolish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home