Monday, September 22, 2008

Ghost Town Weekend

After the wave of relief which swept me post Magus Luna, the weekend that followed petered out to nothingness.

Sure, I did watch a movie (My Best Friend's Girl) and even had rounds of bowling with the old mates from secondary school but the repetitiveness tires me so.

It doesn't help that this particular time of the year is the figurative dumping of films by the studios. They know the movies they release at this time, aren't that bankable and that's why you see a slew of pseudo-A-list movies and lots of crude movies that screen just cos they were already made. Think Bangkok Dangerous & Step Brothers. Occasionally, there is a gem or two in the pile. Think Mamma Mia & The House Bunny.

They will only start picking up in October/early November. This year, the big two at the end will probably 007's Quantum Of Solace & Twilight.

Till then, I'm not that keen on movies every week. I must have seen close to 15 this year. Unless, I think it's worth it.

The music that's out at this time doesn't catch my fancy either. There were times in the past where I found find nice songs every time I looked for it, and I know where to look. But the new music that is out at this time of the year hardly moves me.

United didn't win against Chelsea and that played its part in the mundane nature of the weekend.

Lets hope things pick up pace this following week. New festive clothes, cleaning my room and repainting it.

I've got this sudden craving to eat at Breeks.

Damn, just let this boring weekend pass.

In a bid to stave of boredom, I came across these two funny clips by Seth McFarlane, on his YouTube channel made of online comedy clips.

If you didn't know, he's the creator of animated sitcoms, Family Guy & American Dad. As of May 4, 2008, he became the highest paid television writer, after he agreed on a 4-year deal with Fox to keep the shows running? His total salary for that contract? A cool 100 million dollars!

Wanna know what happens after Mario saves the princess? (I love Mario's Italian accent)

"And by the way, by the way..." HAHA!



This one is just,haha-what-the-fuck' kinda funny.



END!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home