Saturday, November 22, 2008

Curtain Call

Photobucket

The tiredness is beginning to set in.

All the previous weeks were laced with exhaustion and exasperation, but I suppose I was running on adrenaline today.

Just one run through today before the actual show, so it wasn't that bad. I wasn't feeling anything till just before the 1st Act.

I almost felt like puking all the phlegm I had inside. This happened even though I made it a point not to eat dinner before I went on, for fear that the phlegm would flare up. But when the time came, I felt that I did my best and it went off without a hitch.

And now I feel free. No, liberated would be a more fitting word.

Not that it wasn't worth it. It was...but I'm sure that everyone involved is happy that it's over.

At the end of the day, I felt I had fun playing Derek the Director, a pompous, self-serving bastard.

Thank you to everyone for sticking through the difficult times and thank you to the director, Paul Falzon for his help. And Catherine, our advisor, for constantly pushing us.

It's nice to say that I was a part of Dramatec's main production.

Thank you to Mdm Salinah and Mr Nezam for bothering to come down, even though you guys were at TP just the day before to watch dear Eza's show (in which she killed it I'm sure). Thank you for the positive feedback. I feared you wouldn't like the story but you enjoyed it, so that was nice. I appreaciated the part you guys talk about my evolution as a performer. It made me feel that it was all worthwhile.

And Kevin. Thanks for coming down too. You usually wouldn't bother putting in this kind of effort but you did and you came I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Cheers to you, mate.

I don't know what's gonna happen in the future with Dramatec, whether we sold enough tickets to satisfy management's expectations. But I daresay, show-wise, we did great.

To those of you who didn't come, looking back, I think you guys missed out on a good show.

To those who sent me well-wishes. Thank you, they're much appreciated.

There was someone whose presence would have made the night even more worthwhile but unfortunately that person couldn't be there because of work. I would have been more nervous knowing that that person was there watching me but I would have been even more thrilled to see that person's reaction after the show.

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you and good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home