Thursday, April 26, 2007

"Big City" Livin'

I was comtemplating long-winded musings about recent happenings but I decided that I shouldn't try to rationalize everything because it would just take too much out of me.

I'll be brutually honest.If I were to use an analogy explain how it feels like;it would be like moving to the 'big city' from a 'small cosy town'.

I'm fine with the academics,that I know I can deal with whether it'd be tough or otherwise.

What I'm saying is that I'll be needing to rough this one out and it's hard at first cos I've been so embedded into the 'small town'.

The people are fine,but that's it,just fine.I don't expect to make any lasting friendships during my time here.I'm just gonna deal with that and get my diploma.

They're all fine people.But it's all polite interaction.Nothing more.

To continue the analogising,when you get to the big city and you get that an apartment and you live on your own and you gotta get a job.

Familiar faces are rare and the ones that you know to start to drift away and the thing is that hurts is that you can do absolutely nothing about it simply cos of the stupid reason that this is reality and that's the way it's supposed to happen.

That's it.I guess I'll end here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home