Monday, July 10, 2006

Give Chase

''I really fancy the Italians this time round'' - extracted from the post 'The World Watches'.

Its all said and done.The Azzuri have come up tops.Its been a good football tournament.The Beautiful Game has showed once again to the unbelievers and the rest of the world why it is undisputely the world's most loved sport.

What I remember as I was writing the first sentence of this post was that I was just thinking of World Cup contenders and Italy came into my gut and I felt very strongly,very suddenly that they had what it took to get to the Finals.I did think that Brazil were gonna win in in the end but if you get to the final then you'd have a 50-50 chance of winning don't you?

You won't find me as the first person to come out and shout 'Forza Italia!' or anything of that sort but they're not exactly my sworn mortal enemies either.And so I say,good for the Italians.Captain Fabio Cannavaro caught my eye early in the tournament and as things stand he gets my vote for the Golden Ball award.

Final score 1-1.Italy win on penalties 5-3.

MJ's fave is Italy so she should be happy that they won.I'm happy that's she's happy.I wish I could be there to watch her celebrate.I'd would be great to see the smile on her face and just celebrate around her.But my thoughts soon developed further.That I was,my life was,drifting slowly away from hers.Not quite what anyone would want to happen with a girl they like.

It hurts to just stand there and see others around me possibly get closer to her while I stand there helpless,without a clue of what to do to stem the tearing apart.It would be some degree of comfort if the feeling was mutual yet the reality is that she has no clue of what's going on inside of me.

Yes she may have spurned me in the end anyway but just sitting here and not even trying despite the possibilities would be would be a waste.If I tried and she still ended up somewhere else I'd have accept that.Till I try,I'd take it take it let her slip away without giving chase.

Right now,our paths don't seem to be converging anytime soon.Rather,like I said we seem to be turning away from each other.The way things are going,they look to be continuing that way,unless some major twist of fate throws us back togther towards each other.

Oh how I pray for that to happen.


+/ The reason I'm posting now at so early in the morning cos I couldn't sleep after the game and I just was thinking about the Italy-MJ connection and then MJ so.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...stay true to ur true love!!!dont EVER EVER give her up...she's gotta be worth the trouble....

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home