Sunday, July 16, 2006

Getting Dug In The Trenches

The new kit for season 06/07 is out from Man Utd.Going with a classic look,harkening back to the 60s.Will be looking to buy it soon enough.

Ruud van Nistelrooy is leaving the club.Disappointed but somehow resigned to it.Slowly accepted since the winding down of last season.Great servant and has achieved a legendary status with a return of 150 goals in 219 games.Long-winded eulogies would seem insincere for this and with all respect and humility I shall simply say thanks and good luck to Ruud.

Can't understand what the gaffer is gonna do to the club but I hope to see quality signings very soon if we want to remain competitive.Too much quality has been lost over the years.

Moving on to school matters.

Meeting at 9am on Monday.Expected to run into the late afternoon.Urgh.That's long.An Exco meeting in the morning before the actual project meeting later.

Was told that the previous intake used their 3rd semester GPA to apply for polytechnic.If that's true than I have 6 weeks to push up my results as high as possible.That's how long this next upcoming term is.Its a bit of a relief cos perhaps it pushes the finish line closer and makes it clearer.But of course,it also puts the extra pressure and tells me that I gotta be at the top of my game next term and bring it on home.There is a need to do well in the last semester but this one just went up on Defcon 5 mode.That means its pretty damn important.

Last week of the holidays.Getting worried about completing the projects that I have lined up.The Entro project is flagged as high priority cos that is a major grade and will help me in this term,which like I mentioned above has added significance.But I mustn't neglect the other smaller ones,which to be quite honest,I find to be niggly and irritating.Wish I could get them over and done with ASAP.

On top of that I still have the CCA projects to contend with.They take up a major chunk of my time and efforts.I'm supposed to be released from my Exco position in January,which will be given to the new intake but I'm also seriously considering dropping it early if it need be.They say its difficult but I really wanna get an A for the Entrepreneurship module.I feel it would be a waste if we didn't cos we have the potential to get that grade.

There is also a matter of my Office Administration module to deal with.It may be the only theory module for this semester but its no easy ride.I have to admit I kinda winged it last term.Expecting a B for the term test.May put in serious work for it if its anything else,cutting back,meaning the CCA projects would be the first to go.It's somehow,in its own way,less strenous than the previous semester yet there is a greater pressure to deliver the results that matter at the end of the day.

It seems so messy now but I'm gonna have to tidy things up to make a clear run for it to the finish line.I have to or all my efforts this past year plus will be a waste.

On another note..

Hope Roswell Girl is fine after the jibes.She should cheer up...

She's got it pretty tough too cos she's gonna be performing along with my CCA mates.Their group is involved in a stage production,which will be debuting at the Jubilee Theater Hall at Raffles Hotel.They have had to face their own set of difficulties.I'd say good luck but you can't do that in showbiz so break a leg then girls.

But she's gonna make it too polytechnic too.Her GPA is a perfect score of 4 and she is also in my Entro. group.So hopefully,we'll progress together.

Wish her well and also that she gets over her worries.

I must get this ready for one final push.Its not quite it yet but its close.6 weeks away.

Can't wait for my semesteral break.I enjoy with extra exuberance cos it will coincide with holidays of my mates,in different educational institutions.I usually use them as markers as to how much more do I have left to run.It will also signal the completion of my projects and hopefully,I will be awarded pleasing returns on them.

I have to say I took my eye off the ball a little last term.Need to remind myself this is a war with myself to do as well as I should.

Focus,man,focus !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home