Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Days Filled With Work N Play

Meetings these past 3 days.Drag.Had some fun along the way though.Brain drain.Been eating more than usual to meet the energy requirements.Haven't been playing soccer so maybe I've gained a kilogram or two but won't be surprised if my metabolic rate ensures otherwise.

Meeting on Monday was about the national competition.It was pretty much the usual stuff.

On Tuesday morning I came to school for a meeting about the Teacher's Day event preparations.Met the 2 out of the 5 appointed scriptwriters.The rest couldn't make it.Very pleased that one of them came up with an idea for the skit quite quickly,after explaining the theme and laying down a few parameters from which they could with.4 of the 5 scriptwriters are also the appointed project managers.

I'm the Ex-Co in charge so I'm in charge of them,working in tandem with the CCA chairman.Its the 1st time really that I'm put in a position that is so markedly 'executive'.Its a nice thing I admit but I gotta make sure that deadlines are met with decent ideas and work submitted.But looking at the people I appointed,I'm pretty confident we can make it despite a strict deadline to follow.A decent idea came up quicker than expected so its a good sign.

Later on in the afternoon,together with my chairman,we met up with the student advisor and another CCA member to go and scout for props that we needed.Not mucg in terms of quantity but we did find a major prop so it wasn't too big a loss.Did do a lot of walking.Its was just 4 people but we did joke a helluva alot so it was fun.The prop was in this costume shop that we never really knew was there and what was inside.It was really a great place with loads of costumes,perfect for Halloween or any costume party.There's even a small make-up/accessories store next door to complement the costumes that you've bought.This store comes recommended for anyone looking for anything for a costume party.

Today I came to school for a short while for a discussion about what we had found the day before.Soon after a teacher came and a couple of us followed her to look for cloth,part of the props that we needed.Had to decide on the colour and stuff like that.After we bought that,we followed the teacher to the train station,supposedly to go home but after the teacher got off,me and the chairman decided to follow the other two girls to Causeway Point who was gonna look for some new clothes for an event(more on that later)

Farah,one of the gals,picked out this dress that looked really nice and as a result,so did she.I wouldn't mind seeing MJ in a similar number.Haha.Anyways,Farah said if she looked weird on the day of the event,she was gonna kill us !!(me and the chairman Taufiq) We did have fun,two girls and two guys...

We went to the bus interchange,didn't want to take the bus that came my way cos it was already a long line and I hwouldn't get a seat anyway,so after Taufiq and me sent off Farah(the other girl had gone home earlier),I then sent off Taufiq before lining up for my bus at another berth.This time,only 2 people were already in line so I went in cheerfully as I would be assured of a good seat.Boarded the bus,hooked on my earphones and had a very good ride home.Rested my eyes and it was good that the bus' journey was mostly on the expressway which meant it was a smooth ride home with less busptops impeding the way.

Tomorrow's a rest day but I plan to go and get formal shoes and maybe a belt,hopefully a tie.Its for the event on Friday but I needed a belt anyway.

On Friday,members of the CCA will be going to Jubilee Hall to catch a play and support the CCA members
(including Roswell Girlinvolved as the cast.

Just texted her and she said that things went well,despite the few normal glitches.Wished her luck,using the break a leg expression,she replied that a lot of people had been saying that but she still loved her leg.Lol.

Yeah,I know that she's gonna do great for all the shows anyway,no doubt.

Tiring week before the school opens but I've gotta get used to it.

I gotta push the envelopes,find and strech my limits.Gotta remember I'm almost reaching the last lap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home