Sunday, July 17, 2005

She's Racing Thru My Brain

Its a Sunday night.A cool breeze is blowing and the moon is out in its full beauty,sky full of stars.The lamp lights paint a beautiful picture of the quiet street.The cobblestones are wet from slight rain earlier in the day.Soft music provides a fitting soundtrack to this tranquil evening.Alone in my thoughts,a smile escapes my mouth as I think about the wonderful way the week has been capped off.The smell of saltwater wafts through the air from the not-so-distant coastline.The streetcafe is quiet and the turkey ham sandwich and tea are making my stomach nice and full.Home away from home.

Ahhh,things are sure going good for me.In my mind,I'm in Southern France and all those things I said are really happening.Ok,maybe not but that's how I really feel right now.Plus,listening to Michael Buble complements the feeling of serenity.

Week ended nicely for me.MJ came down..I saw her,talked to her and I felt real good cos I also know that all the feelings of animosity that I thought she felt about me were nothing but figments of my imagination.She thinks of me as a friend and that's good enough for now.Liked the way she came over to where I was sitting in the court and parked her cute lil' derriere down and started talking to me.Given the fact that I haven't seen her for a while,she looked extra nice today

Had been feeling very irritable.Got angry with myself over small things but I pulled myself together and told myself to cool it,calm down and all that.Told myself that I gotta stay positive even if things don't go my way.It worked and I left the house in a good mood.

A new team at the court today.They played pretty football but we got the win in the end.Made good saves that overshadowed one or two goals that I was angry with myself for letting in.So another plus then.

They were checking out MJ when we were leaving,felt a litlle jealous,courtesy of the male ego.But I told myself that I got it good with MJ thinking of me as a friend and I all I have to do is just be myself and be a friend to her.What happens,happens....

But I'm not gonna take that notion of friendliness and run wild with it like I usually do.I'm just gonna enjoy it like I said I would.It feels good and I will enjoy it.Its a nice feeling I have now and I like it that it all enamated from me telling myself to stay positive earlier today and since than its been built on.Thanks,God,for giving me the strength to keep it together today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home