Monday, December 15, 2008

I Only Possess Heartbreaks & Pseudo-Literal Ambitions

The quiet weekend continues into a quiet Monday. It's not what I'm used to for sure but I ain't really complaining.

Amidst all the procrastination, I actually managed to finish up a really short story, which was really nice for 2 reason; I hadn't done a story for a while and also cos I followed through and finished up on something I said I was gonna do.

I've been in an inspired funk. There's blobs of inspiration in my head but I'm having trouble forming them into clear story structures

I've been addicted to Geo Challenge on Facebook. It reminds me of the educational Carmen Sandiego games on PC I used to play as a kid. They really were educational. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known what the capital of Hungary was at the age of 10.

Remembering this, it made me wish that I was more intellectually open. I used to eagerly read Newsweek. I also think I don't read enough. The kind of stuff that people would call 'general knowledge.' Stuff that isn't considered important enough for daily life.

I want to know things, be smart and not just act smart. It won't come in handy anytime soon but it'll be great for when I'm a dad! I'd love to teach them things they wouldn't normally learn about in school (not in Singapore anyway)

Kids? Yeah, thinking way too far. Especially since I can't seem to get the girl. For the latest developments on how I'm feeling about matters of the heart, I refer you to this:




Emo? I must disagree. While I tend to be very naive about this kind of thing. I can be a well-balanced individual. It's been a difficult past 2 weeks, cut me some frickin' slack.

To end on a positive note, I'm excited for this movie that will be coming out next year. It's 4 hours long and 17 minutes long!

That even beats Bollywood movies! It's so long that it's coming out in two parts, released together.

This movie, is going to be extraordinary for sure. Question is, will it be an extraordinary epic or an extrordinary flop?

What movie is this? It is the the story of Ernesto Guevara.

Who?

You see his fashionable and trendy face all the time. Today, he is a fashion statement. In reality, he is either a revolutionary or a beast, depending on who's side you take. Some may know him as 'Che Guevara.'



Let it load first, if you see it necessary and your connection is a bit slow.

This movie is a big risk. Already some people are saying that it falls flat and fails to capture so many aspects of the contreversial character. From what I see, I won't be surprised if the brilliant Benicio del Toro gets Oscars noms for his portrayal of the title character.

For those of you who expected something more in this post, I do apologize. This is what you get from a man boy who's moving on from heartbreak and currently in a self-proclaimed creative mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home